Calling All EB Fans!
The Eggland's Best "America's Best Family Recipe" Contest 2020 received thousands of entries from fans across the country showing off their best and most creative family recipes. Now we’re calling on all Americans to vote for their regional group favorites to help determine the Best in Region winners.
Click on a recipe below to learn more and cast your vote!
- IowaHolly H.Whenever I serve this, everyone gives me compliments on it! It's fun to make for everyday or special occasions. I love that eggs are a staple in nearly every home, so it's easy to have the ingredients on hand. Eggland's Best eggs don't even compare to other eggs. They taste better and have tons of extra nutrients!
- WisconsinBernice J.I received compliments when I served this pudding type cobbler, especially when my husband’s favorite dessert is carrot cake. I use Eggland's Best eggs in all my baking and breakfast recipes. There is definitely a difference in taste from ordinary eggs, especially since I was raised on a farm and we had fresh eggs.
- KansasJulene D.This "cowboy" spin on lasagna brings out flavors of the Midwest. My family raises pork, so it is a great way to use meat in our freezer. This recipe is a hearty, nutritious dinner. I love that Eggland's Best eggs can complement any pork cut for a healthy and delicious meal.
- OhioMarlene S.Sweet fig jam, salty bacon and toasted walnuts on a cheesy bread crust...this appetizer is loved by all ages, and, since our family is multigenerational, it is the perfect appetizer! Having grown up on an egg farm, I am very particular about the eggs I choose for my family. I make most of our meals from scratch, and I love knowing that Eggland’s Best USDA Certified Organic eggs are the best eggs money can buy. They add another level of nutrition to the many meals I serve my family.
- South DakotaCarissa D.I almost always have a loaf of this bread ready for the kids. Its nutritious and they love it. Quick snack and great way to use up ripe bananas.
- IndianaJennifer N.My welsh Grandmother is from England and this scone recipe after its modifications can really date back to the early 1500's. What's better than Tea and Biscuits with history? When you cherish something so precious, you can only use nothing but the best, adding creamy flavor and nutrition to your morning cup of tea, coffee or milk. Eggland's Best eggs are by far the best to this testament of history and taste.
- MichiganDonna B.This is my version of my husband’s Hungarian grandmother’s recipe. The chili pepper was not in his grandma's original recipe though and was actually added by accident when I had thought I had grabbed the paprika. However, we found that it made a good dish even better! It's our family’s BEST favorite main dish recipe! Eggland’s Best eggs are my family’s favorite because we think they taste best and I prefer them best because they have more nutrition and vitamins than other eggs!
- NebraskaLynn A.Love elote fries... and thought to myself how they could be transformed for a fun and unexpected dish with a zippy take on the expected traditional hollandaise, poached eggs and home fries that can stand on its own as a main course entrée (this is amazing and can't wait to serve it). Eggland's Best eggs are a part of my "every day" routine; I have an egg every morning to start the day with a good dose of protein that keeps hunger at bay as I venture into my day.
- MinnesotaPatrice H.From 3 to 93, everybody loves this easy-to-grab, little hand-held snack. A tray of these beautiful, crispy Deviled Eggs are guaranteed to disappear quickly from any appetizer table. I’ll put up Eggland's Best eggs in a blind taste test any day! The first time I made my husband Poached Eggs with EB eggs, he noticed. He commented on the quality, taste and height of the eggs - unsolicited! I instantly knew that the little red EB logo was the seal of approval for all of my cooking and baking needs.
- IllinoisRobbin W.Family Brunch just got “berry eggciting”! A fun and healthy way to serve up “egglicious” French toast and mixed berries, panzanella style. There's even yogurt in the egg batter. The finished dish has toasted French toast cubes, crunchy granola, sticky maple glaze, almonds and fresh berries. I buy Eggland's Best eggs because it’s important to me to serve my family healthy, nutritional eggs that yield the most vitamins, less saturated fat and provide the best flavor to our family dishes.
Click here for Contest Submission Guidelines & Requirements
Contest Submission Guidelines & Requirements
- All recipes must use at least two Eggland’s Best eggs.
- All recipes must be original recipes.
- Entrants must be 18 or older.
- Entrants may enter up to two recipes within each of the four main categories (breakfast/brunch, appetizer, main course, dessert) for a total of eight recipes per person and per email during the Entry Period.
- Entrants may select one bonus category per main category submission if applicable
- Sandwich: Bring your sandwich game to the next level by adding Eggland’s Best eggs! All recipes must include at least two Eggland’s Best eggs and be considered a sandwich -- an item of food consisting of two pieces of bread or bread alternatives with eggs plus meat, cheese, or other fillings between them.
- 30 Minutes or Less: Short on time doesn't mean short on flavor – especially when Eggland’s Best eggs are involved! All recipes must include at least two Eggland’s Best eggs and be prepared and completed within 30 minutes.
- Gluten-Free: If you’re following a gluten-free diet and you have some exciting new twists, we want to hear it! All recipes must include at least two Eggland’s Best eggs and may not contain gluten.
- Submission must include:
- Recipe title
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Number of servings
- List of recipe ingredients with exact measurements
- Preparation/cooking instructions
- Brief description of what makes your submission the “Best Family Recipe” and why Eggland’s Best eggs are the only eggs good enough for your family.
- Judging Criteria: Please refer to the Official Rules.
- Recipe submission deadline/Entry Period ends May 24, 2020
- Best in State winners (semi-finalists) announced on or around August 12, 2020
- Fans vote for their regional group favorites from August 12 to October 20 2020
- Best in Region winners (finalists) announced on or around November 11, 2020
- Fans vote for their favorite finalist recipe from November 11 to November 25, 2020
- Grand Prize and Bonus Category winners announced on or around December 15, 2020
- Grand Prize (1): $10,000 and a year’s supply of Eggland’s Best eggs.
- Best in Region Prizes (4): $1,000 and a year’s supply of Eggland’s Best eggs (awarded in the form of 24 coupon certificates).
- Best in State Prizes (48): A three-month supply of Eggland’s Best eggs (awarded in the form of 6 coupon certificates).
- Bonus Category Prizes (3): $500 and a three months supply of Eggland’s Best eggs.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN IN THE EGGLAND’S BEST 2020 “AMERICA’S BEST FAMILY RECIPE” CONTEST. Open to legal residents of the 50 US, DC & PR, 18 or older. Void where prohibited. Contest starts 2/18/20 and ends 11/25/20. Entry period starts 2/18/20 and ends 5/24/20. For Official Rules, which govern, click here
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN IN THE EGGLAND’S “AMERICA’S BEST FAMILY RECIPE” CONTEST 2020. Open to legal residents of the 50 US, DC & PR, 18 or older. Void where prohibited. Contest starts 2/18/20 and ends 11/25/20. Entry period starts 2/18/20 and ends 5/24/20. For Official Rules, which govern, click here. Sponsor: Eggland’s Best, LLC.