The EB 2018 “America’s Best Recipe” Contest received entries from fans across the country showing off their hometown pride with recipes inspired by their favorite local/state ingredients or dishes. Now we’re calling on all Americans to vote for their regional category favorites to help narrow down the semi-finalist recipes to five Finalists.
Learn more about the semi-finalists within the Southwest Region and vote for the most egg-ceptional recipe once per day through September 25th, 2018.
- OklahomaSandi S.The Chisholm Trail of nineteenth-century cattle drives cuts through Oklahoma by my house. I sometimes envision Chuckwagon Cooks making meals that the Drovers ate. With staples of pinto beans, salt pork, sourdough, spices & coffee, and maybe finding some eggs from a prairie chicken nest along the way, they cooked an Okie chili meal that I’ve re-imagined it into a modern chili from those staples, crowned with only the best wholesome & nutritious eggs available today - EB Eggs!
- TexasLJ M.Eggland’s Best are the only eggs for my recipe. They are delicious, good for me and they stay fresh longer. For strong bones, they have 6 times Vitamin D; for eyes, 38% more lutein. EB eggs are cool, they even have a tattoo! My dish is Texas in one bowl - delicious barbecue, local pork and bell peppers, with a contemporary twist – cauliflower rice. Avocado is a staple here, full of healthy fats. With eggs mixed in and also served sunny side up on top of the bowl, it’s a winner!
- WyomingLauren D.Eggland's Best eggs are a clean, healthy option for my family and always turn out great. My dish is inspired by Wyoming because it uses elk sausage and sage for a real taste of the West. Plus, elk is a great leaner alternative to traditional pork sausage!
- ArizonaRobyn B.In Tucson, AZ, local Southwest ingredients are combined including chocolate and chile peppers. I only use Eggland’s Best cage free brown eggs for my creations because they are more nutritious and rich in flavor compared to other eggs. The hens are in a cage free environment and the all vegetarian diet combined with the highest quality control standards result in a more vibrant rich orange yolk color, and my baked delights get a boost of nutrition and turn out far superior every time.
- ArkansasDiane R.My father loved making rice and eggs and sausage gravy. I had to put his favorite two breakfast foods together. I live in Arkansas the #1 producer of rice in the U.S. is home of Riceland Foods in Stuttgart. Petite Jean Smoked Meats in Morrilton is known for their fabulous smoked meats. My 21-year-old special needs son has taken seizure medicine since birth which depletes his vitamin D. Eggland’s Best Eggs is a great choice to help provide more vitamin D in his diet.
- ColoradoKarin L.Eggland’s Best eggs are what I always use when I bake because I always use only the best. I want fresh, nutritious eggs every time, so I never take chances. These eggs are what make the custard in this recipe the perfect creamy, silky, spoon-worthy texture we all crave. Palisade peaches are grown on the Western Slope and are the taste of Colorado! This delightful parfait was inspired by this heavenly fruit. It’s what summer is all about here.
- UtahShauna H.When it comes to great cooking, wholesome, nutritious Eggland's Best Eggs make all the difference for superb texture and taste and that's no exception in this irresistible recipe. I used them as the perfect binder to turn Utah's most famous dish into a trendy new treat. Out of the casserole pan and into your fingers, this twist on gooey, cheesy funeral potatoes served with a side of Utah's own fry sauce will become your new food-truck inspired fave.
- New MexicoSharyn L.H.I use the culinary marvel that is Eggland's Best Eggs for my dish because they're a powerhouse of nutrition, low in calories, fat, cholesterol and come from free range, non-GMO chickens. Living in New Mexico, I love the earthy and richly regional southwestern flavors of this state. The cuisine is deeply rooted in 4 centuries and 4 cultures – Native Americans, Mexicans, Spaniards, and Anglos all blended into a harmonious whole. This mini frittata represents all the flavors of New Mexico.
- LouisianaCatherine O.Eggland's Best eggs offer the best nutritional and flavor benefits of any eggs on the market. The quality of Eggland's Best vegetarian-fed hen eggs are the only eggs that can properly compliment local, fresh ingredients. This recipe reflects my Louisiana Cajun roots by using local crawfish tails and alligator sausage. It was one of dad's favorites dishes to make calling it his space cakes because they were out-of-this world. It is perfect party food with a celebration in every bite.
- MissouriKellie W.I love using Eggland's Best eggs in all of my baking and cooking; they simply taste better! And, as a Mom I feel good about using them because of the superior nutritional value, especially the bumped up Omega 3's and vitamins, which are important to us. I also appreciate the quality control at Eggland's. My inspiration for this recipe is the 1904 World's Fair in St. Louis, where the ice cream cone was introduced. I also use pecans, one of the most prevalent nuts grown in Missouri.
How to Enter:
Show us what you love to whip up in your kitchen with the only egg that provides better taste, better nutrition and better quality! Visit www.americasbestrecipe.com from February 13th, 2018 to April 30th, 2018 and submit your original recipe for the best and most creative use of Eggland’s Best eggs into one of four categories mentioned below. All recipes must include at least two whole Eggland’s Best eggs. You may enter up to two recipes within each category.
- Main Course
Submission Guidelines and Requirements:
- All recipes must be original and use at least two whole Eggland’s Best eggs.
- All recipes must be inspired by local/state ingredients or dishes from where you currently reside.
- Submission must include:
- Recipe title
- Recipe description explaining why Eggland’s Best eggs are the only eggs good enough for your recipe and how your recipe is inspired by your favorite local ingredient(s) or dish from your home state/jurisdiction/territory
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Number of servings
- List of recipe ingredients with exact measurements
- Preparation/cooking instructions
- You may submit up to two (2) recipes in each of the following four (4) categories: Breakfast/Brunch; Main Course; Appetizer; and Dessert
Eggland’s Best 2018 America’s Best Recipe Contest Details:
- Recipe submission deadline/Entry Period ends April 30, 2018
- State Winners (semi-finalists) announced on or around June 12, 2018
- Fans vote for their regional category favorites from June 12 to October 23, 2018
- Regional Winners (finalists) announced on or around November 13, 2018
- Fans vote for their favorite finalist recipe from November 13 to November 27, 2018
- Grand Prize Winner announced on or around December 11, 2018
- Grand Prize (1): $10,000 and a year’s supply of Eggland’s Best eggs
- Best in Region Prizes (4): $1,000 and a year’s supply of Eggland’s Best eggs
- Best in State Prizes (48): A three-month supply of Eggland’s Best eggs
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN IN THE EGGLAND’S BEST 2018 “AMERICA’S BEST RECIPE” CONTEST. Open to legal residents of the 50 US, DC, PR & GUAM, 18 or older. Void where prohibited. Contest starts 02/13/18 and ends 11/27/18. Entry period starts 02/13/18 and ends 04/30/18.
For Official Rules, which govern, click here. Sponsor: Eggland’s Best, LLC.