The EB 2018 “America’s Best Recipe” Contest received entries from fans across the country showing off their hometown pride with recipes inspired by their favorite local/state ingredients or dishes. Now we’re calling on all Americans to vote for their regional category favorites to help narrow down the semi-finalist recipes to five Finalists.
Learn more about the semi-finalists within the West Region and vote for the most egg-ceptional recipe once per day through October 23rd, 2018.
- NevadaYvette K.We use Eggland's Best because the are fresh! They whip up nicely and make a stable meringue. They are a healthy protein. Most people do not realize that Nevada is actually a dairy state. We are mostly thought of as a gambling Mecca. This is an easy recipe to increase. I have also skipped the pie crust and divided the batter into ramekins then a hot water bath. Baked until tooth pick comes out clean. cooled, topped with sanding sugar and made it into a cremebrulee.
- AlaskaSugiyarti J.I consider Alaskan king crab as one fine delicacy from my home state. It should be paired with other good quality ingredients such as Eggland’s Best eggs. Choosing only the best makes sure the ultimate indulgence experience. I incorporate Eggland’s Best eggs by whipping up a batch of gougere ‘rolls’. Therefore, the crab gets the matching rich taste. To balance out the richness, I add Asian-style pickled vegetables which include Alaska-grown carrots.
- HawaiiAndrew W.Hawaiians used to cook with the underground oven called an 'imu' which added earthy smoke to meats and seafood. That was the big inspiration for this dish. I wanted to show off both the simple beauty of eggs with local Hawaiian flavors. I chose to do a smoked deviled egg with spicy shrimp poke. (Poke is a Hawaiian seafood salad). The light deviled egg texture and the creamy egg-based aioli sauce is impossible to replace with other ingredients. It is easy to make, healthy, and delicious.
- MontanaDyan C.In Montana, we are known for our excellent beef and wheat. No way I'm using anything but the best for the other ingredients in this recipe and that's why I chose Eggland's Best for the eggs that tie this recipe together. Living "In the Middle of Nowhere" USA, access to different flavors and cuisines can be very limited. I developed this recipe to satisfy a craving for Asian flavors, but keep true to more readily accessible Montana ingredients.
- CaliforniaBen M.The first 2 things that came to my mind when I thought about California crops were walnuts and olives. I was also inspired by a southern California egg dish called an "egg-slut." This is my take on the iconic breakfast, with a Mediterranean-California twist of Ricotta cheese, creamy eggs, and a light and crunchy olive-walnut salsa. High quality eggs are needed to ensure a perfectly creamy texture, and that's why Egglands Best are the only eggs for this recipe.
- WashingtonKim F.When I use Eggland's Best eggs in any of my cooking, I am confident in their freshness and nutrition. I know they are local and go from farm to store in just a few days. And no other eggs are stamped with their brand, so Eggland's Best most be proud of what they produce. For this brunch dish and because I'm from Washington, I used the fruit we are known for, apples! This perfectly balanced sweet and savory dish is packed with nutrition and loved by all.
- IdahoCandice H.A fluffy, veggie-filled pancake that you can eat for dinner
- OregonJudith G.Oregon is known best for our hazelnuts and pears as well as our wines. This combination of cheeses with the nuts and fruits is a bright and delicious brunch dish or even a main dish with a salad of choice. Egglands best eggs are a great compliment to this quiche adding their richness in both flavor and color. They enhance this dish proudly.
How to Enter:
Show us what you love to whip up in your kitchen with the only egg that provides better taste, better nutrition and better quality! Visit www.americasbestrecipe.com from February 13th, 2018 to April 30th, 2018 and submit your original recipe for the best and most creative use of Eggland’s Best eggs into one of four categories mentioned below. All recipes must include at least two whole Eggland’s Best eggs. You may enter up to two recipes within each category.
- Main Course
Submission Guidelines and Requirements:
- All recipes must be original and use at least two whole Eggland’s Best eggs.
- All recipes must be inspired by local/state ingredients or dishes from where you currently reside.
- Submission must include:
- Recipe title
- Recipe description explaining why Eggland’s Best eggs are the only eggs good enough for your recipe and how your recipe is inspired by your favorite local ingredient(s) or dish from your home state/jurisdiction/territory
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Number of servings
- List of recipe ingredients with exact measurements
- Preparation/cooking instructions
- You may submit up to two (2) recipes in each of the following four (4) categories: Breakfast/Brunch; Main Course; Appetizer; and Dessert
Eggland’s Best 2018 America’s Best Recipe Contest Details:
- Recipe submission deadline/Entry Period ends April 30, 2018
- State Winners (semi-finalists) announced on or around June 12, 2018
- Fans vote for their regional category favorites from June 12 to October 23, 2018
- Regional Winners (finalists) announced on or around November 13, 2018
- Fans vote for their favorite finalist recipe from November 13 to November 27, 2018
- Grand Prize Winner announced on or around December 11, 2018
- Grand Prize (1): $10,000 and a year’s supply of Eggland’s Best eggs
- Best in Region Prizes (4): $1,000 and a year’s supply of Eggland’s Best eggs
- Best in State Prizes (48): A three-month supply of Eggland’s Best eggs
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN IN THE EGGLAND’S BEST 2018 “AMERICA’S BEST RECIPE” CONTEST. Open to legal residents of the 50 US, DC, PR & GUAM, 18 or older. Void where prohibited. Contest starts 02/13/18 and ends 11/27/18. Entry period starts 02/13/18 and ends 04/30/18.
For Official Rules, which govern, click here. Sponsor: Eggland’s Best, LLC.