The EB 2018 “America’s Best Recipe” Contest received entries from fans across the country showing off their hometown pride with recipes inspired by their favorite local/state ingredients or dishes. Now we’re calling on all Americans to vote for their regional category favorites to help narrow down the semi-finalist recipes to five finalist.
Learn more about the semi-finalists within the Southeast region and vote for the most egg-ceptional recipe once per day until July 31st, 2018. Click on a recipe below to learn more and cast your vote!
- AlabamaLori S.I always use Eggland's Best eggs in my recipes because their reputation for freshness and quality inspire me to make fresh and healthful recipes for my family and friends. My recipe for Southern Chocolate Sweet Potato Truffles incorporates an all time favorite ingredient in southern cooking - sweet potatoes - which give the truffles a rich, satisfying texture that balances the sweetness of the dessert. Using eggs in the recipe provides an excellent way to bind the ingredients together.
- South CarolinaCarrie H.Eggland's Best are the only eggs good enough for my Collards & Tomato Pie in Cornbread Crust because they are the freshest and best tasting eggs! We eat a lot of eggs whether it be for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner and for baking cakes and custards. I used two important ingredients we use all the time in South Carolina - collards and corn meal! Collards are grown here in everybody's garden and have been a staple here for centuries. And corn meal is for cornbread, another "must have"!
- GeorgiaJennifer S.I rely on Eggland's Best eggs for egg-celent baking results! They are consistently delicious and nutritious and inspired this take on a traditional Southern Hummingbird Cake. The recipe highlights Georgia's Pecans, the local/state ingredient that like Eggland's Best eggs, are chock full of healthy fats!
- West VirginiaBrittany F.My Appalachian Brunch is an homage to wild ramps. Each spring, West Virginians like myself flock to the mountains in search of the small pungent plants. Forging for wild ramps is a labor of love but one well worth it to experience their unique flavor. Growing up in WV I learned that all recipes are only as good as the quality ingredients you put in them, which is why Egglands Best eggs are the only product worthy of being paired with Appalachian wild ramps in my scrumptious brunch dish!
- MississippiBarbara C.I recently moved from New England to the Gulf Coast and discovered the sweetest tastiest shrimp adorned with cheese and spice. Inspired by this new flavor combination, I created Gulf Coast Shrimp Pasta Pizzazz. Gulf Coast shrimp fresh from the dock in Pass Christian, Mississippi sautéed in a spicy garlic white wine sauce is only one star in this dish. The other is the decadent rich sauce that can only be made with the best ingredients: Eggland’s Best eggs and pecorino-romano cheese.
- FloridaRita P.Eggs have always been my "go to" meal any time of day - for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Using quality eggs has always been my priority. Eggland's Best eggs have the guaranteed freshness I can count every time. Living on the west coast of Florida near the Gulf of Mexico I did not have to look far for inspiration. Shrimp, citrus and other fresh fruits and vegetables are always in abundance here. Our family loves to eat bright, colorful meals packed full of nutrition and flavor.
- KentuckyBrigitte P.Fall in Kentucky is a magical time when the leaves turn, the apples ripen, and the orchards flow with cider and visitors. I love to visit our orchard and buy local apples, cornmeal, buttermilk, and sausage to create these Johnnycakes that are sweet, savory, and studded with walnuts. Eggland’s Best eggs help lighten these nutty, delicious cornmeal pancakes and are always my first choice when I’m cooking breakfast.
- North CarolinaJanis M.Several years ago my husband and I ran a B&B in the NC mountains. We were near Highlands and although we didn't have a goat dairy farm we did have quality markets to find delicious cheeses. Eggland's Best are the only eggs good enough because they are more nutritious than any others and when I made my quiche with them the color was so much brighter than using other brands. Guests raved about this one. Every recipe called for eggs of course and why not ue the best!
- VirginiaColleen D.Lemon, honey, and fresh basil are blended together with mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, sea salt, and pepper to create these bright and flavorful deviled eggs using Virginia local honey. Eggland's Best Eggs always make these eggs the hit of any party, and when I'm in a pinch for time, I can even use Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs to make things go faster.
- TennesseeCindy H.Without Eggland’s Best eggs, this recipe falls flat. Besides building more nutrition into this dish, they help bind the eggs-ternal rice structure that envelopes a delicious combination of Memphis Barbecue, peppers, onions, and cheese. When unmolded, a perfect, show-stopping dome is center of the plate - a unique way to showcase Memphis' favorite food - pulled pork barbecue in a sweet, smoky sauce.
How to Enter:
Show us what you love to whip up in your kitchen with the only egg that provides better taste, better nutrition and better quality! Visit www.americasbestrecipe.com from February 13th, 2018 to April 30th, 2018 and submit your original recipe for the best and most creative use of Eggland’s Best eggs into one of four categories mentioned below. All recipes must include at least two whole Eggland’s Best eggs. You may enter up to two recipes within each category.
- Main Course
Submission Guidelines and Requirements:
- All recipes must be original and use at least two whole Eggland’s Best eggs.
- All recipes must be inspired by local/state ingredients or dishes from where you currently reside.
- Submission must include:
- Recipe title
- Recipe description explaining why Eggland’s Best eggs are the only eggs good enough for your recipe and how your recipe is inspired by your favorite local ingredient(s) or dish from your home state/jurisdiction/territory
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Number of servings
- List of recipe ingredients with exact measurements
- Preparation/cooking instructions
- You may submit up to two (2) recipes in each of the following four (4) categories: Breakfast/Brunch; Main Course; Appetizer; and Dessert
Eggland’s Best 2018 America’s Best Recipe Contest Details:
- Recipe submission deadline/Entry Period ends April 30, 2018
- State Winners (semi-finalists) announced on or around June 12, 2018
- Fans vote for their regional category favorites from June 12 to October 23, 2018
- Regional Winners (finalists) announced on or around November 13, 2018
- Fans vote for their favorite finalist recipe from November 13 to November 27, 2018
- Grand Prize Winner announced on or around December 11, 2018
- Grand Prize (1): $10,000 and a year’s supply of Eggland’s Best eggs
- Best in Region Prizes (4): $1,000 and a year’s supply of Eggland’s Best eggs
- Best in State Prizes (48): A three-month supply of Eggland’s Best eggs
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN IN THE EGGLAND’S BEST 2018 “AMERICA’S BEST RECIPE” CONTEST. Open to legal residents of the 50 US, DC, PR & GUAM, 18 or older. Void where prohibited. Contest starts 02/13/18 and ends 11/27/18. Entry period starts 02/13/18 and ends 04/30/18.
For Official Rules, which govern, click here. Sponsor: Eggland’s Best, LLC.