The EB 2018 “America’s Best Recipe” Contest received entries from fans across the country showing off their hometown pride with recipes inspired by their favorite local/state ingredients or dishes. Now we’re calling on all Americans to vote for their regional category favorites to help narrow down the semi-finalist recipes to five finalist.
Learn more about the semi-finalists within the Northeast region and vote for the most egg-ceptional recipe once per day until July 3rd, 2018. Click on a recipe below to learn more and cast your vote!
- New HampshireJudy C.There is only good brand of eggs , that is Egglands, the hard boiled are great for salads lunch dinner and by itself. I would not cook without some form of egglands eggs.45-50.
- ConnecticutDaniel and Maria B.What defines autumn in Connecticut better than the picturesque rolling hills lined with vividly colored maple trees and farms abundant with crisp, nutritious apples? Pure simple, and natural. Just like Eggland's Best eggs! No other egg will produce the EGGcellent texture, and provide the flavor and nutrition that Eggland's Best can. Pairing Eggland's Best with nature's best apples truly makes this a delicious and nutritious tart --a true inspiration for this EGGceptional crostata.
- VermontANGELA G.We love eggland's best eggs, always fresh and flavor is wonderful. We always try to use local ingredients from our local area, we live in Lyndonville,Vermont so some month are tough to have all local. We raise our own vegetables as well as raise our own,pigs and chickens for meat. This is why i came up with this recipe, we eat eggs ever day for breakfast and i wanted something different other than an egg and ham omelette. These have become one of my families favorites.
- MarylandAlonna A.As a Dietary Director, in Laurel, Maryland, its important for me to cook with nutritious ingredients. I love using Eggland's Best eggs because they pack nutrients like Vitamin E. Eggland's Best Eggs have 10x more vitamin E compared to other brands. Therefore, I don't feel so bad preparing my recipe for Deviled Eggs with Smoked Oysters. Maryland produces some really quality fish and seafood as well. Pairing Eggland's Best Eggs with fried Oysters equals delectable.
- MaineWayne H.My wife's grandmother made this dish for us not only for holidays but for any family gathering where we'd be together in the morning. She always made great food and always used the best freshest ingredients including Eggland's Best eggs. There are so many ways to make this Maine, and she made it a couple of ways, one with Maine apples and cranberries, one using Maine blueberries, and always using Maine Maple Syrup. It's a great way to start a holiday.
- District of ColumbiaColleen O.D.C. is nestled in the Chesapeake Bay area known for its delicious and fresh crab! This yummy crab casserole was inspired by the area’s abundance of fresh seafoodand is perfect for brunch, plus full of flavor. Eggland’s Best eggs are the absolute best eggs full of nutrition, which is why they’re the only eggs I use in my recipes!
- PennsylvaniaChristine F.Eggland's Best eggs enhance my recipe with incredible freshness and taste The nutrients they provide make my recipe a well-balanced meal. EB eggs have many vitamins and are higher compared to others so I know my family is eating healthy. My inspirations: my Italian heritage and Kennett Square PA mushrooms. I placed 2x in the Kennett Square Mushroom Cooking Contest. I grew up eating lentils and polenta so what a great combination. EB beautiful delicious yoke runs down for the perfect bite.
- New YorkChanel L.Eggland’s Best eggs are a great source of Vitamins B, D and E, so it is a given that when I make any type of recipe, their eggs will be my first choice! My recipe is inspired by 3 of my favorite things from my hometown New York City: pretzels, everything bagels and cheesecake. We are well known for delivering the best of all of those things -- so why not have them all in one treat?
- DelawareDeborah S.England’s best large eggs are fresh and the only eggs my mother ever used. The tomatoes and cilantro that are available here in Delaware during the season, grown local by the farmers or in our back yard. My mother -in-laws Thai influence opened up the use of hot sauces and fish sauce. So this recipe is a combination of flavors I learned from both. Very quick. The longest part is prep for eggs and bacon. I included a recipe for both.
- MassachusettsPamela G.Lobster (aka LOBSTAHH) is the quintessential New England ingredient and this Boston (aka BAHHSTAN) girl couldn’t think of a better pairing with Eggland’s Best eggs! This decadent quiche combines lobster meat with herbaceous cheese, tangy Swiss, and fresh tarragon for a hint of anise. With the highest levels of vitamins and nutrients and their amazing flavor, Eggland’s Best eggs were the only choice to pair with this luxurious lobster brunch dish… wicked killahhh good!
- New JerseySuzanne B.Since 1856, pork roll has been produced in Trenton, New Jersey. It’s the cornerstone of Jersey’s state sandwich - pork roll, egg and cheese on a roll. But I’ve found that it's salty, spicy goodness is more than up to the challenge of Korean spices. I top my pork roll stew with perfectly fried Eggland’s Best Eggs, the only eggs with the consistency, nutrition and unforgettable flavor I need for this recipe. I also add garlicky NJ asparagus to balance the overall spiciness.
- Rhode IslandStacey P.Every one who is from Rhode Island is raised on Coffee Milk and Donuts. Being a recent transplant, this is new to us. It's like bagel shops in NY, they are everywhere you look. There is even one inside the local zoo. Since we moved here every holiday, occasion, event or visit someone brings donuts and there are usually plenty left over. I decided to use them in my bread pudding recipe in place of the bread and it was a hit. I don't add sugar because the donuts are so sweet.
How to Enter:
Show us what you love to whip up in your kitchen with the only egg that provides better taste, better nutrition and better quality! Visit www.americasbestrecipe.com from February 13th, 2018 to April 30th, 2018 and submit your original recipe for the best and most creative use of Eggland’s Best eggs into one of four categories mentioned below. All recipes must include at least two whole Eggland’s Best eggs. You may enter up to two recipes within each category.
- Main Course
Submission Guidelines and Requirements:
- All recipes must be original and use at least two whole Eggland’s Best eggs.
- All recipes must be inspired by local/state ingredients or dishes from where you currently reside.
- Submission must include:
- Recipe title
- Recipe description explaining why Eggland’s Best eggs are the only eggs good enough for your recipe and how your recipe is inspired by your favorite local ingredient(s) or dish from your home state/jurisdiction/territory
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Number of servings
- List of recipe ingredients with exact measurements
- Preparation/cooking instructions
- You may submit up to two (2) recipes in each of the following four (4) categories: Breakfast/Brunch; Main Course; Appetizer; and Dessert
Eggland’s Best 2018 America’s Best Recipe Contest Details:
- Recipe submission deadline/Entry Period ends April 30, 2018
- State Winners (semi-finalists) announced on or around June 12, 2018
- Fans vote for their regional category favorites from June 12 to October 23, 2018
- Regional Winners (finalists) announced on or around November 13, 2018
- Fans vote for their favorite finalist recipe from November 13 to November 27, 2018
- Grand Prize Winner announced on or around December 11, 2018
- Grand Prize (1): $10,000 and a year’s supply of Eggland’s Best eggs
- Best in Region Prizes (4): $1,000 and a year’s supply of Eggland’s Best eggs
- Best in State Prizes (48): A three-month supply of Eggland’s Best eggs
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN IN THE EGGLAND’S BEST 2018 “AMERICA’S BEST RECIPE” CONTEST. Open to legal residents of the 50 US, DC, PR & GUAM, 18 or older. Void where prohibited. Contest starts 02/13/18 and ends 11/27/18. Entry period starts 02/13/18 and ends 04/30/18.
For Official Rules, which govern, click here. Sponsor: Eggland’s Best, LLC.