The EB 2018 “America’s Best Recipe” Contest received entries from fans across the country showing off their hometown pride with recipes inspired by their favorite local/state ingredients or dishes. Now we’re calling on all Americans to vote for their regional category favorites to help narrow down the semi-finalist recipes to five Finalists.
Learn more about the semi-finalists within the Midwest Region and vote for the most egg-ceptional recipe once per day through August 28th, 2018.
- MichiganBrier N.Eggland's Best eggs are consistently the freshest eggs available, making them ideal for the best and brightest flavored fresh eggnog. The eggnog makes these scones so rich and flavorful, with a consistency that is more cake-like than traditional scones. I live in Michigan, the land of cherries, apples, maple syrup and local raw honey, all of which taste amazing together in both scones and jam. These are a delicious breakfast treat and awesome served with vanilla ice cream as dessert!
- WisconsinBarb E.Eggland’s Best eggs are my “go-to-eggs” for baking or cooking because I can count on freshness and important to me is how nutritionally better they are than other eggs. My pie calls for 4 Eggland’s Best eggs in the filling and as a sweetener, I was inspired to use local maple syrup tapped from Wisconsin maple trees instead of corn syrup. Wisconsin butter and brandy (a popular liquor in Wisconsin) is also in the filling. Maple syrup laced cream tops each piece of pie.
- NebraskaRochelle B.Eggland's Best eggs are the best eggs when it comes to baking. Baking is scientific and ingredients must be the exact measure every time for each batch to turn out correct. With Eggland's Best eggs, I always know what size the egg will be, and I don't have to worry if the recipe will turn out. Not to mention the taste is superior! These Honey Lavender Cupcakes are inspired by Nebraska's state insect: the honeybee! I used honey and lavender from local sources when crafting this recipe.
- IndianaHidemi W.My state ingredient/dish is popcorn and Hoosier Sugar Cream Pie. As my twist, I made pudding for the filling and added popcorn to the crust by adding Eggland’s Best Eggs to both filling and crust because they make creamy silky delicious pudding and add more protein, more moisture, better texture and increase richness and flavor.
- MinnesotaCrystal S.As a long time vegetarian, Eggland's Best Eggs are a staple source of high quality protein in my diet. Here in the Minnesota Northwoods, Swedish pancakes are a regional favorite. These pancakes use 6 eggs, so they are rich & tender. I also like to use Minnesota's State berry; blueberries. The delicate Swedish pancakes are layered with maple yogurt, smoked almonds, fresh blueberries, syrup with fresh rosemary (which resembles our majestic Norway pines) & orange cardamom whipped cream.
- KansasJannett F.We always have an 18 count package of Eggland’s Best eggs in my house. These are the freshest and best tasting eggs you can find in the grocery! Once you start eating Eggland’s Best eggs no others will do. I would never bake a cake with any other egg. This pear cake was first made when we had purchased a large bag of pears at the local farmers market in Wichita KS. I took a long standing family coffee cake recipe and modified it to make this delicious cake.
- IowaHolly H.Eggland's Best eggs simply have the best flavor, are very nutritional and are economical. They stay fresh longer & have way more vitamins than other eggs! So, I love to use E.B. eggs in all my recipes! There's a distillery in Iowa called Templeton Rye that makes their own whiskey, so I chose to support a local Iowa business and incorporated their whiskey into this recipe to marry some of my favorite flavors. Who doesn't love butterscotch and pecan?
- OhioJessica R.So I only buy Eggland's Best Eggs for my family for two reasons. First, they are the best tasting eggs I have ever eaten. Secondly, they are loaded with vitamins that I want my family to get. Cleveland is a very diverse community with a large population of Eastern European immigrants, who have added super delicious cuisine as staples around here. Two of the best and most loved foods are Kielbasa and Pierogi. So it makes perfect sense to marry it with the best eggs around them.
- South DakotaLinda R.In late summer in the black hills of South Dakota wild raspberry bushes can be found. My husband and I search the hills for the red clusters we eat as many as we take. I use egglands best cage free for the freshest tasting eggs you can buy they make such a difference in the flavor of regular cooked eggs as well as an ingredient in recipes.
- IllinoisJulie B.Chicago is known for its unique and delicious styles of pizza. And, in Chicagoland we take pizza seriously! We love it thin, thick, stuffed or deep dish. This inspired my Panko-Crusted Cheese & Sausage Deep-Dish Pizza Cups with an Eggland’s Best twist. Eggland’s Best takes eggs seriously and produces the finest, freshest most delicious, nutritious eggs so they are the only eggs I use. I know when I see the EB stamp, they are quality, better tasting, better for you eggs.
- North DakotaNoelle M.My home town is a college town, and I am constantly meeting people from all over the world. I love creating dishes that are inspired by my new friends who have just found their new home here in our town. One thing that we almost all have in common food-wise - is eggs. Eggland's Best Eggs add a powerful punch of nutrients to this breakfast fusion of sweet potato fries (a local favorite) and kimchi inspired slaw and brings it back to the farm country where I live in North Dakota.
How to Enter:
Show us what you love to whip up in your kitchen with the only egg that provides better taste, better nutrition and better quality! Visit www.americasbestrecipe.com from February 13th, 2018 to April 30th, 2018 and submit your original recipe for the best and most creative use of Eggland’s Best eggs into one of four categories mentioned below. All recipes must include at least two whole Eggland’s Best eggs. You may enter up to two recipes within each category.
- Main Course
Submission Guidelines and Requirements:
- All recipes must be original and use at least two whole Eggland’s Best eggs.
- All recipes must be inspired by local/state ingredients or dishes from where you currently reside.
- Submission must include:
- Recipe title
- Recipe description explaining why Eggland’s Best eggs are the only eggs good enough for your recipe and how your recipe is inspired by your favorite local ingredient(s) or dish from your home state/jurisdiction/territory
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Number of servings
- List of recipe ingredients with exact measurements
- Preparation/cooking instructions
- You may submit up to two (2) recipes in each of the following four (4) categories: Breakfast/Brunch; Main Course; Appetizer; and Dessert
Eggland’s Best 2018 America’s Best Recipe Contest Details:
- Recipe submission deadline/Entry Period ends April 30, 2018
- State Winners (semi-finalists) announced on or around June 12, 2018
- Fans vote for their regional category favorites from June 12 to October 23, 2018
- Regional Winners (finalists) announced on or around November 13, 2018
- Fans vote for their favorite finalist recipe from November 13 to November 27, 2018
- Grand Prize Winner announced on or around December 11, 2018
- Grand Prize (1): $10,000 and a year’s supply of Eggland’s Best eggs
- Best in Region Prizes (4): $1,000 and a year’s supply of Eggland’s Best eggs
- Best in State Prizes (48): A three-month supply of Eggland’s Best eggs
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN IN THE EGGLAND’S BEST 2018 “AMERICA’S BEST RECIPE” CONTEST. Open to legal residents of the 50 US, DC, PR & GUAM, 18 or older. Void where prohibited. Contest starts 02/13/18 and ends 11/27/18. Entry period starts 02/13/18 and ends 04/30/18.
For Official Rules, which govern, click here. Sponsor: Eggland’s Best, LLC.